There is way less casual CW operation than there was in '79, '89, and
even '99.  Except for contesting and DXing, CW is close to being dead.
Foreign phones, RTTY & data stations in the lower portions of the CW
bands and the ARRL/FCC elimination of CW-testing will finish it off.  If
I thought there was any future in casual CW operation, I would have a K3
on order now.

Dave
N7AF
K2 #4795