Hi, Dave,

I have owned several Ten-Tec rigs in the past and loved them all.  I still
have an Argonaut V that I use for QRP.

I, like you, agonized over the K3 vs. Omni VII issue.  I, like you, had
ordered a K3 and came close to cancelling the order a dozen times.  One day
it was the K3, the next the Omni VII.  I was having a heck of a time waiting
for my delivery date.

Well, with the K3 finally here, I can say that I am so, so glad that I
waited.  The K3 is the finest rig I have ever owned.

Yes, I could be saying the same thing about my Omni VII if I had gone that
route.  But one thing that bothered me about the Omni is that you were
limited on your options.  Two filters and the ATU -- those are your options.

The K3 can be customized to meet your needs, and can be changed fairly
easily and cheaply.  The ATU can be added any time.  It is the same with the
filters and the general coverage receiive.  And when the KRX3 comes out, you
have a second receiver that not only beats the pants off the Omni VII, but
the Orion itself.

The receiver on the K3 is incredibly quiet.  Thise specs that you read about
are actually noticeable when you are operating the rig.  The QSK is the best
I have heard -- if not better than Ten-Tec then certainly every bit as good.
I have not done a feature-per-feature comparison between the two rigs, but I
can't imagine a single feature that is lacking on the K3.

So, my advice is to be patient a bit longer and go for the K3.  I really
don't think you will be disappointed.

73,

John, WA6L