I can vouch that there is no reason to order both the 400 and 250 filters.
When I first ordered my K3 on the phone, whomever I spoke with (and I can't
remember) convinced me that these two would be the best combination for CW
operation.

In reality, there is very little difference between the two filters and in
actual operation I don't see the need for the 250.  A better combination
would be the 1000 and 400.

When calling CQ, I like to keep the BW set to around 800 to capture those
signals that are not zero-beat.  Once in a QSO or contest exchange, I can
crank the BW down below 400 if needed.  At least with the way I operate, the
1000/400 combo makes more sense.

So, I plan to order the 1000 filter.  Anyone want a 250 filter at a good
discount?  Contact me offline.

73,

John, WA6L