From: "John   [K7SVV]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 1:03 PM
To: "K3KO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] APP roll pins

K3KO's response is the best I have read in this thread so far and I agree 100%. I have been using and putting up with these APP's for at least 6-7 years and have learned that I always crimp them using a cheap crimper and I always solder them too. It took a while for me to learn (I am a slow learner) that you must crimp it near the edge where the wire goes into the connector. Stay as far away as you can from the contact end so that you don't deform it to the point where you can't insert it into the housing. I don't use heat shrink tubing but I may in the future. I know many of you don't agree but this is what works best for me. To me the APP's are a pain to assemble and they are not reliable because they come apart too easy even though they snap together properly. I had to get these remarks in before Eric pulls the plug which should be any day now.

John    [K7SVV]

P.S.  I use the roll pin.