Scott,

The frequency at TP1 (did you mistype? the PLL reference frequency is read at TP1) does not seem to be a problem. 12090 +/- 30 kHz can be anywhere between 12060 and 12120 kHz, so your value of 12099.73 certainly fits within that range - it is correct.

As for your receive problem, if you found a nice peak during the transmit alignment of the bandpass filters (at a 1 to 2 watt level), then your bandpass filters are likely OK. If you did not observe a nice peak on any band, then review your soldering in the bandpass filter area.

Check the VFO frequencies (at TP3) when tuned to the bottom end of each band - they should agree with the chart that is printed on the lower left of the Schematic Key sheet in the back of your manual. If you have good VFO frequencies, and the bandpass filter is aligned properly, you should have receive on all bands. Some bands just have few signals these days of low sunspot activity, so use a signal generator or another transceiver operating into a dummy load rather than relying on an antenna.

73,
Don W3FPR

Scott McDowell wrote:
Hi
I'm starting the receiver alignment on my k2. It is not receiving on all
bands. 40 and 20 meters is about it.
To begin with, on the alignment and test part 2 I am supposed to get a
frequency reading on TP 3  of
12090 khz +/- 30 khz.  I am actually getting a reading of 12099.73. Any idea
what would cause this
and how to get it down to 12090?

Also my frequency counter and amp meter works, but the voltage meter
doesn't.
looking at the schematic I can't figure out which components are involved
with the voltmeter.
I went ahead and aligned the transmitter if this would make any difference
and it has full output.
Any help appreciated
Scott N5SM