Don,

One caveat to this:  VGA cables are normally wired as a series of coaxial
cables.  So while you may have pin continuity, that continuity may be on a
shield of RG-174/U coax buried in the jacket of a larger cable.

I have found high density 15 pin connectors and soldered to them before.  It is
not fun.  But in that application, it was the only way to get the correct
connections, the correct wire type, and so on, connected to the device.

Tim Raymer
73 de KA0OUV
K2 #1383

>>> "Don Nesbitt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/10/2008 11:36 >>>
I've found two (2) "ready made" cables that may be of interest to K3 owners
when using the ACC Socket.  The ACC socket is referred to on page 18 of my
manual as "AUX I/O" with the caution that this is NOT a VGA video connector!
Well, it sure looks like a VGA connector but alas, no video output from the
K3 - shucks!

For those who just don't want to fabricate a cable, most commercially
available VGA cables do not include the #9 pin and for some that do, the pin
is not connected to anything. Poo!

Fully connected commercial cables found!

The first is a VGA Splitter Cable ("Y" cable) with one male and 2 female
ends.  It is offered by Cables Unlimited (www.cablesunlimited.com) and is
their part number PCM-2250.  Search this part number on their site.  It is
listed on their site for $14.99.  All 15 pins are present and connected.

This "Y" cable is carried by my local Microcenter (www.microcenter.com) and
is their part number 028126.  I bought it for $9.95.  You can see it at:

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.phtml?keyword=028126&submit
.x=17&submit.y=12

The second cable is a "Fully-Wired & Straight Thru, HD15MM" cable with all
15 pins present and connected.  The one I bought is a 3 foot Male to Male
(although it is also available in other configurations) - no snickering!

It is made by QVS (www.qvs.com) and is their part number CC388B-03.  You can
search this part number on their site.  I don't believe that QVS sells
directly to consumers but you can probably find their products at most
computer stores.

Again, I found it at my local Microcenter.  It is their part number 810150.
I bought it for $14.99.  You can see it at:

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.phtml?keyword=810150&submit
.x=15&submit.y=9

I've checked each of these cables and they do indeed have all 15 pins
connected - at least the one's I bought do (caveat filed just in case they
change their manufacturing process)!

I don't have any financial interest in any of the above and, as usual, YMMV.
'73 es gud dxing -- Don N4HH K3 #83