There are MANY great things about he Elecraft radios :

I do not have to take it all or leave it : I order it or add options to suit
what I want.

Even though I order it now, I can download the latest and greatest firmware
and have the improvements as they become available. I don't have to wait
until they think they have it perfect AND I don't have to settle for what
they thought was perfect when they finally go there.  It CAN be "fixed".

I have been a technician all of my life and I love that I can go in and do
the alignment and measurements for myself and even save a few bucks
(important to me) by doing the assembly myself.

The customer service is second to none.  Who else actually responds to
questions and answers them AND LISTENS to what is being said?  We can
actually TALK to real people that we can understand and that actually DO the
work.

The product rates TOP SHELF.

Suggestions?  Of course.  There is something I would like to see BUT it
doesn't rate anywhere near the priority level of the things that must be on
the list at this time.  Will I clutter the list by mentioning it now?  No.
Do I have to live without it because I ordered my radio now?  Probably not.
It can be written (IF they think it is worthy), downloaded and installed
later.  Am I willing to wait, of course.  I would rather have them there for
the  long term than "getting tired of it" from too much pressure.  We have a
great group of people out there and I greatly appreciate them.

At this time, I have only started the slowest procession of calendar days in
my life.  Carefully watching the order to ship dates duration and
continually recalculating the arrival date of my own K3.

Business interest in Elecraft?  No, just that they are building my perfect
radio (kit) and I want them to still be there in a year or two or ten.

Thanks guys and gals,
73, de Jim KG0KP