OK, I'm late in throwing in my two cents.  I have the Anderson Power Pole
crimper and have used another also that is the correct size and has the
proper jaws but it is not a ratcheting type.  It is usable but is not as
foolproof as the ratcheting type.  The Anderson is the "correct" one and
applies the proper force, and fits the sleeve and the wire size you are
using.  If you do not use this type, the wire will be loose or the connector
deformed and will not fit or make a secure connection.

What I am trying to say is that even IF you buy the Anderson crimper, you
are likely to screw up a few of the first ones you try to crimp.  Now you
have to solder anyway or order some more connectors, not what you want when
you are hot to get on the air.

My suggestion, unless you have the proper tool and therefore are likely
proficient at crimping, is to ORDER the wired set from Elecraft and save
yourself the possible problems with first time crimps (OR SOLDER them in the
first place).

I will be making my own as I already have plenty stock of the all the parts
and the proper tool and have made more than 100 connections so I do not feel
intimidated by the process and the crimps that I get are very good
electrically and physically.  I still can't be sloppy about it as it is not
hard to mess one up.

73, Jim