I should have added how I made the contacts: I filed slots in the side panel and fitted M4 washers with M3 screws to give me some adjustability in contact spacing. That made for a rather hard contact, so, you might find a way of springing the grounding contact and it will be more comfortable. I found the pcb needed tinning with solder to make a good contact pad.

David
G3UNA

As others have said, my first paddle was a hacksaw blade but take care of the sharp points!

Better is a strip of pcb material, or 2 strips with a separator for iambic.
From memory I used about 5mm wide and about 40mm from the fulcrum, which can
be just a wood block with 2 slots cut and a screw through to pinch together. If you start to get ambitious, you could make the whole keyer/oscillator on the pcb, perhaps a TIC keyer.

I did this to fit inside the base of a Norcal 20 with the paddle sticking out of the side to which I screwed a pair of Kent paddle handles. You could just shape the pcbs into large finger pads.

David
G3UNA