G'day,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'wayne burdick'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'Elecraft Reflector'"
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 1:24 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K3 FIRMWARE UPDATE: MCU 1.87, DSP 1.69 (Finally!)

| >    * AUTO-SPOT (SPOT with CWT ON) now works with both very
| > weak and very strong signals.
|
| Auto-spot consistently tunes to a tone 50 Hz low (50 Hz below
| the value set for pitch).

CW auto tuning to my XG1 on either low or high O/P setting auto tunes to
my 650Hz pitch setting.  Confirmed by Spectrogram 16 display.

With BW set to 1000Hz the capture range, in my case with 650Hz pitch,
is -220Hz to +195Hz at 1 microvolt I/P signal.  Outside those limits it
can take two pushes of SPOT to auto spot, or much beyond those limits the
auto spot will tune the wrong direction.  However I feel I'm not that tone
deaf that I can't get to within +/-100Hz by ear.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO