Can Lyle or someone tell me if there are plans to have the sidetone run from 300 to 1000 by 10 Hz increments in some future firmware version? Is there some basic reason it can't be done? I note that page 9 of the K3 Owners Manual C1 says that the sidetone is adjustable from 300 to 1000 Hz. Is that / will that be / so?

Sorry for the nonsense below. I wrote before thinking. Actually, a serial number specifying one of the 15 different pitches in the range from 300 to 1000 Hz by 50 Hz increments can be saved in ONE four-bit register (2 to the 4th = 16). And a serial number specifying one of the 71 different pitches in the range from 300 to 1000 by 10 Hz increments can be saved, with lots of room to spare, in TWO four-bit registers (2 to the 8th = 256). So at worst, the storage used would be one byte, not nine.

Incorrect information posted earlier is:
I wonder if the problem here is memory register space. From 300 to 1000 with 50 Hz increments would be 15 different pitches, just shy of two bytes of memory space to record. The same range with 10 Hz increments, it would be 71 different pitches, requiring nine bytes of memory space to record.