My temporary antenna is a low doublet up 15ft max and bending around the garden for 88ft per leg, this passes thro the wall in nylon tubes then by a few feet of ladder line to a PL259 on the back of the K3, no coax, no baluns. The auto atu makes a good match top to ten. Regularly hear Stateside early mornings on 80m, from northern England.

David
G3UNA

I case you wanted to know: YI9FMW is now set up (minimally, someone forgot
the balun and coax...) on 40m. Once it gets dark in the US (1900 EST?) I'd
like to see if I can reach any other elecrafters.  Right now I've got a
makeshift extended Zepp, with military commo wire acting as makeshift
twinlead. With help from you all, I'd like to get up and fully operational.
And what I mean by that are any suggestions you might have in terms of
antenna design, given limited means. and hundreds of feet of military commo
wire or best practices in pulling you out of the noise given what you know
about your K3, all modes. I'm here to experiment as well as get folks nifty
qsl cards.