Carl, WinKeyer does something else.  It takes ASCII
from the computer and converts that to code.  No
program can do that very well if that program runs on
a computer that has a Windoze operating system because
Windows has its own priorities for interrupts.  The
logging programs did the conversion to cw nicely when
the computers were running DOS.  To interface with a
Windows computer requires some hardware and software
to be added.  It could be internal to the transceiver
of course if it were an offered feature, but most
transceivers do not offer that.

I do not yet have a K3, so I am not sure what it
offers.  My order went in December 27 and so far, no
Katiegram for me.  But I do have a WinKeyer for my
TS-850 along with the built in keyer in the 850.

Cookie, K5EWJ

Co

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
K5EWJ