It does not give the same sideband on 80 and 20.  You
also have to consider that the rotation of the tuning
capacitor of the VFO turns the opposite direction for
20 as it does  for 80.  You will find this on the dial
of many pre 1970 commercial offerings.  Everyone needs
to use one of the old SSB rigs for a few days to
appreciate how good even the worst of today's rigs
are.  Then use a crystal controlled one or two tube
transmitter and a 40s or 50s affordable receiver like
a S-38 or NC-53 and appreciate how good the 60s SSB
rigs were compared to the 40s and 50s.

Cookie, K5EWJ