At 02:33 PM 27/05/08, you wrote:
I've only recently become interested in 6M, up until now lacking
an antenna.

Me too! But, I got interested with all the chatter about great times on 6M coming up.

SoI tried it a couple of weeks ago, 6M, I had no output at all. I still don't. I've been working with Gary checking various voltage readings, etc. No luck yet. My K3 had just come back from Aptos for another problem it had. I when received it, it was pronounced "meets or exceeds all specs". I hadn't opened it up since I got it back and never bothered to check it on all bands at that time.

I'm watching with great interest at how these 6M problems play out. I really don't want to send it back again, shipping costs are expensive. I did learn one thing, when you're in ATU BYPASS mode, you're not really bypassing all components in the ATU. I guess kind of a pseudo bypass.

My K3/10 is a kit, #501. It came with the ATU, which didn't respond to the I/O buss from the get go, along with a couple other things. I thought at the time it would have been nice to have the KANT board to fall back on. I got the ATU because of the dual antenna ports. In hindsight, I would recommend anyone buying a K3 hold off on the ATU until the K3 is shipped, then order it. That way you will always have a fallback if the ATU fails.

I'm not knocking Elecraft, the service I got and am still getting is great, and I feel it will all work out.

John
k7up
K1, 2 K2's, K3