I guess I don't understand and so far I only use the memories for "bandswitching." Isn't tapping "V->M" *supposed* to write whatever is in the VFO to whatever memory is selected." What am I missing???
73,
Ken K3IU
Ian J Maude wrote:
Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. wrote:
For about the 3rd or 4th time I've tapped V->M, selected a memory (on of the 60m spot frequencies, the only global memories I have), rotated the VFO dial, and then tapped V->M again and overwrote the memory with the current VFO setting. Once the 2nd RX gets out it would be nice to get some attention paid to the memories; channel mode, especially for 60m but probably also for general use (think mobile ops; another K3 owner has suggested the VFO B knob for this.), making it harder to overwrite, etc.
I *totally* agree Leigh! My brain gets mixed up between the two and this started to frustrate me so much that I have stopped using the memories. I had set up to use band switching this way and for channel hopping on 60m but I kept overwriting them. Please can we have a more robust way of protecting the memories?

73 Ian