Hi,

I just upgraded to 2.20/1.88 from 2.15/1.84 and find that the audio level on
both line out and headphones dropped by almost 10dB (without making any
changes to settings). The drop on the line out is a measured value using a
VU meter app on the PC. This is for signal levels well above the AGC
threshold which is set to the default of 5. I am not happy about this. I
suppose I could compensate the headphone level by switching the AF gain from
LO to HI, but why this *big* level difference just from fixing some obscure
AGC bug? And surprises like this are really very unwelcome. I am sure that I
am not the only one who has carefully adjusted recording levels on the
computer only to find that things have changed dramatically. I am back on
2.15/1.84

AB2TC - Knut

wayne burdick wrote:

> Several customers noticed a problem with noise reduction in yesterday's
> beta release (MCU 2.19/DSP 1.87). This has been corrected, and we've
> changed the revisions to 2.20 / 1.88. The files are available now. See:
>
>    http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR