Keith,

I know Tom, N0SS, has has an SM-230 in line for quite some time.  Far predates
his K2, but is a useful tool.  Especially useful if you are also making your
electrons "taller" with an Amplifier.

The SM-230 lets you monitor your output in a Voltage vs. time domain:  It is a
specialized Oscilloscope.  The Kx is pretty good about not making ugly
electrons, but the amplifier you drive over the edge could.

The other thing I remember about the SM-230 and Tom's station is that it
induced some strange SWR issues by the time we got up to 28Mhz.  Combination of
lengths of coax, impedance of the unit itself, and a few other oddities caused
a bit of a problem for a contest a few years ago.  Just keep in mind when you
put it in line you may need to shorten or lengthen the coax runs a bit to get
things happy.

Good luck, and enjoy the SM-230.

Tim Raymer
73 de KA0OUV

>>> Keith Bainbridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/26/2008 08:31 >>>
Does anyone have experience using the if output of the K3 into a Kenwood
SM 230 station monitor please ?
Or using a K2 in the same scenario?
Its just that I have the chance to acquire one at a good price and as I
have the LP Pan from Larry I was wondering if the SM 230 would be a
useful asset for either of my K2's or my K3.
Thanks guys
73
Keith

--