My vote is for a single tap however what you say below also makes sens.
However if it´s possible to have a choice it sounds like the best
solution.

In a situation when you have no 2:nd RX IMO one tap would be prefered
however when you also have a 2:nd RX I can see the point with 2 taps.

73 Jim SM2EKM
wayne burdick wrote:
Doug,

There was plenty of logic behind it, but in hindsight it might not sense for all users. (It did meet with the approval of our 20 field testers.)

The change was motivated by the sub receiver. Here's one example:

Suppose you're using SPLIT, listening to a weak DX station on the main RX (in a very narrow bandwidth with preamp on), while tuning for a clear spot with the sub RX (using a wider bandwidth and preamp off). With one tap of A>B you can move VFO B back to the starting point and work your way up again. If this also copied VFO A's filter and preamp settings (etc.) to VFO B, you'd have to set them up all over again.

But I'll be happy to sit back and listen to arguments pro and con. If it looks like a lot of operators would prefer to copy everything with one tap, I could add a menu entry. If no one argues in favor of two-tap (including the field testers), I could change it outright. I'm easy :)

Thanks for your input.

Wayne
N6KR