The use of battery power HF rigs for wilderness travel is a good idea.
I had a TenTec PM2 ?? it was a 40 and 20 M rig and had all sides. Maybe some
one can identify the real model number.

I first used this rig when I was OX5BT. (1970-1972) I was there for 2 1/2 years.

Later back in the states I got into wilderness canoe camping in the late 1970's
and 80's. I led several two week trips in ME and one in northern Ontario.
Having that rig with me gave me and the people with me great comfort. The QSOs
that I made on these trips was part of the fun.

73, Ty, W1TF, K1 #1423,  K3 #696