The owners manual (Rev D1) that came with my SN1774 K3 says, on page 31, that
"...PSK D lets you transmit via FSK IN, ASCII, or the keyer paddle".  I take
this to mean I don't really need a transmit audio connection from the computer
my PSK31 software runs on to the K3.  Apparently the transmit data would travel
over the same RS232 interface I've implemented for my contesting software and
the K3 would create the PSK "warble" internally.  Very cool, BUT, everything I
read in the reflector archives talks about audio, not ASCII, interfaces for
transmit on data modes.  Is this ASCII feature implemented in the K3?  Do the
PSK programs now have such an option implemented?  My hands-on PSK experience
is dated and with Digipan only.
  Thanks es 73,
Barry, K6RM