The procedure in the KRX3 manual will be reworked to clearly spell out the
need to do the KRX3 checkout procedure before connecting any external
devices to the K3, including speakers, phones, etc.

That's why it says to set SPKRS to 1 so the internal speaker will provide
subreceiver audio. It assumes that no external audio devices are connected.
We'll be more specific about that. I'm sorry you had to spend the extra time
sweating over the KRX3 when the problem was a faulty phone plug.

That's a good general rule to follow whenever making any changes in the K3
(or any rig). After making a mod,  operate it strictly stand-alone at first
to determine that it is working before hooking anything unnecessary to it
(power is needed and perhaps a dummy load if you're going to transmit as
part of the checkout).

It's absolutely astonishing how a connector can become intermittent (or find
its way into the wrong jack) or how an external device can decide to stop
working just at the wrong time, Hi!

Ron AC7AC