K3 Owners
Those seriously interested in the K3

When:

Saturday, November 22, 2008
Starts at 10:00 AM sharp.  Best to arrive 10 or 15 minutes early.

Where:

KK7P's Lab
18345 Osprey Ct
Mt Vernon WA  98274

(You can get directions from < URL:http://maps.google.com > with the above address)

What:

K3 Workshop

The goals are:

a) help anyone with a K3 to become more familiar with it;
b) allow non-owners a chance to get a good, hard, hands-on look at the radio;
c) provide a forum to allow owners to share their tips or experiences;
d) assist with mods/updates.

Schedule:

10:00 Welcome
10:05 KK7P Presentation: Distributed Engineering and the K3
10:45 Questions (and perhaps answers) and Tips

11:00 Demo of K3 Basic Modes of Operation
11:20 Demo of K3 Utility including Regular and Beta Firmware Updating
11:30 Demo of Diversity Reception
11:40 Demo of DVR!
11:50 Demo of 3rd Party Panadaptor(s)

12:00 Light Lunch and just hanging out

13:00 Prize Drawing (for K3 Owners only)
13:05 Help Folks with Mods on their K3s

Cost:

Free!

But please RSVP. My lab is not infinite in size :-) I can easily handle 15 people. 20 gets a little tight...

Further Information:

The intent is to be interactive, open, and participatory.

If you need a hardware mod on your K3, it is up to you to have the mod kit in hand and to bring your K3 to the workshop. I'll provide microscope, solder, tools, workspace and assistance.

The prize is TBD but but will likely be something like a 5-pole roofing filter, or perhaps a KBPF3 or a DVR.

Hope to see you on the 22nd!

73,

Lyle KK7P