As a die hard CW operator, it's difficult to imagine that after 45 years as a ham, I actually worked my first CWSS. Shame on me. I had a blast just S&Ping on and off during the weekend.

This was the first active CW contest I've had with the K3. While early on after receiving the K3, I had the opportunity to have it side by side with an FT-2000, after a week of A/B comparisons the FT-2000 was relegated to a different location and disconnected from the operating desk. Since CWSS would be a great radio comparative genre, I returned the FT2K back to the operating desk and next to the K3 - again for A/B comparisons.

No need to go into real details, save one, as the K3 is the clear winner. On receive what I really noticed far more than anything else is the K3's handling of key-clicks. Yep, there are plenty of stations with key-clicks, but the K3 AGC handles them SO much better than the Yaesu. It almost appeared I could tell by the clicks who was using a K3 and who wasn't.

From a transmit side, several stations who I know were using the K3 had no clicks at all - including some whose signal level approached 30 over. Surely in some receivers, a signal that strong may have clicks generated by the RX itself.

Both of these observations attest to the effectiveness, quality, and attention to detail realized by Elecraft. Way to go!

Dan -- N3ND