I had the chance to use a K3 during SS CW.  I liked the rx and found it easy
to remove most of the QRM. Something I'm not used to!  Since I usually
operate with antennas fed with open wire I have been accustomed to fine
tuning an external antenna tuner during automated CQing.  The first time I
tried this the K3 shut down.  I tried it again to be sure and it shut down
again.  Each time I powered it back up and it came on with a different freq
and filter setting than I was using.  It also shut down another time when I
wasnt adjusting SWR but cant recall the exact cicumstance other than I was
adjusting something on the RX during a CQ.  I found many adjustments that
couldnt be made while transmitting.  Not a big deal but some of them caused
the sidetone to disappear or be distorted. Not sure what the actual
transmitted signal was doing.  I can get used to not adjusting the rx during
xmit but a shutdown is not acceptable during a contest. It seems that swr
power foldback should alleviate a shutdown.  Any thoughts?  This wasnt at my
station so I dont have much other information. I dont believe this is a
power supply issue as I have used other rigs at this qth with the same power
supply without incident. This K3 was using the latest firmware and is around
serial #1700.  Thanks,  Steve  WA3A