A couple of stations were unaware of the revised start time, so we had a tea break before starting the net close to 10am.

There were the usual discussions, main topics this week were:

K3 shift/width controls.
K3 memory and function (PF) use.
K3 key "beeps"
K3 facilities for white stick operators, especially KRC2ACC (band decoder with Morse feedback) and future possibilities of using voice synthesis either from 3rd party software applications or the KDVR3.
Panadapters of various manufacture.
K2 TX performance on SSB, especially how Ian G0VGS made his sound so good.
K3 kit building, points to watch for and tips on installing the KRX3 by leaving the handle side off to facilitate fitting the second receiver.

A couple of us tried ESSB, although few had the 6 KHz filter to try it themselves. The later start time meant less continental QRM so the opportunity for wider bandwidth transmissions meant we could try ESSB without causing too many problems for others.

I suggested that it would be nice if one of us could invite Wayne, Eric or Lyle to join us via phone patch, perhaps on a special net later in the afternoon to take account of the time difference. Brendan (EI6IZ) is going to see what can be achieved.

At 11am we observed 2 minutes for silence for Remembrance Sunday.

Stations this week were:

GM0ELP, Doug
GW0SYN, John
EI6IZ, Brendan