On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:42:22 -0800, Dick Dievendorff wrote:

>Eric Scace, K3NA, is usually worth listening to (or reading) on a lot of
>topics; psychoacoustics seem to be of particular interest to Eric. He has an
>interesting post on the TopBand Forum on this topic:

>http://lists.contesting.com/_topband/2006-11/msg00205.html

As a member of the Acoustical Society, Fellow of the Audio Engineering
Society, and a student of psychoacoustics (the science of how we hear and
interpret sound), I can vouch for the wisdom of Eric's advice. I've
independently given the same advice.

Someone else noted another good reason for listening to lower pitched CW --
hearing loss tends to be greatest at high frequencies!

73,

Jim K9YC