Components for the K3 AF mod K3AFMDKT and for Larry Phipps' suggested IF output
to panadapter mod, plus spares, are available to the UK and EU as a single
package from a UK source at a low price.  £3.50 posted to UK addresses and
£4.00 posted to EU addresses.

A couple of years ago, I chanced upon Mode Components, run by Chris, G8CHW  and
have placed some orders as a result.  He's always been utterly dependable and
I've been impressed by the careful way in which his deliveries are packed and
identified.  Even more impressive is the effort Chris has been prepared to put
into searching for and obtaining components made of "unobtanium".  Without his
help, a couple of boat anchors that were scrap have had new life soldered into
them and are working well.  He provides a very "personal service" HI!

Over the last few years, UK and EU have benefited from the exchange rate when
purchasing Elecraft equipment, but our Pounds or Euros now buys far less
dollars.  This made the K3AFMDKT, at $10 plus shipping seem expensive, so I
asked Chris if he could obtain the identical choke that Elecraft supply.  In
typical fashion, Chris went digging and came up with the exact goods.

Because of overheads involved in export, it is burdensome for Elecraft to
export the K3AFMDKT, so this alternative kit is being offered to K3 owners in
the UK and EU WITH Wayne's BLESSING.

See Mode Components website at http://www.modecomponents.co.uk and order part
number K3MODKIT#1.

I can answer most queries due to involvement in this small project, contact me
off list, or if you want to contact Chris, you can do so by email to [EMAIL
PROTECTED]

Season's Greetings & 73  Dave L  G3TJP