Jon K Hellan wrote:

> My K3 has 3 filters - 2.7, 1.8 and 0.5. How much sense would it make to
> order a subreceiver with just the standard
> filter?

It depends on how much you plan to use it in contests.  If you are a
*serious* SSB/CW contester who plans to use a KRX3 during contests, you
probably need both the 1.8 and 0.5.  If not, you don't need extra filters.
If you do plan to add a 500 to the KRX3 for diversity use, you should note
the offset of your existing 0.5 and attempt to get one close to it.  It's
not critical that 500 offsets be perfectly matched...just within ~50 Hz and
then set the common offset to the approximate midpoint.

BTW my 200 in Main and 500 in Sub differ by 130 Hz in offset, yet I notice
no beating when using that combination.  However my case may be unique and
you should always use matched offsets for identical filters.

Beware...once you use true diversity, you will never want another rig
without it!

73,  Bill