I want to replace the element in a Kenwood MC-50 with an electret.  I know
that the K3 provides bias voltage to pin 1 on the front mic connector which
is also the audio line - as long as bias is selected in the mic sel menu.
Does this pin already have the coupling capacitor in line or do I need to
add that in the microphone?  I don't see a capacitor or resistor inside my
MH2 hand mic so I'm assuming all I have to do is connect the audio and bias
leads to pin 1 and the ground to pin 7?

Thanks all for the help!

73 Bill NZ0T