Stewart,

You are correct that the importance of the offset is inversely proportional to the filter width. A 50 Hz shift not make much difference with the 2.7 or 2.8 kHz width, but it certainly will make a big difference at a 200 Hz width.

73,
Don W3FPR

GW0ETF wrote:
I didn't bother about paying/asking for matched default filters for my KRX3.
The one in the main board has a -0.93kHz offset and the one in the KRX3 is
-0.83kHz.

Shifting them both to -0.88kHz seems to make no difference to performance -
would you expect a 50Hz shift in a nominal -6dB b/w of ~2.7kHz to be that
noticable anyway?

However the wondering 'beat' between right and left channels disappears
completely when you doctor the offsets - just need a nice big Beverage
now.....

73,

Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF