  From: Lee Buller
  To: Elecraft Reflector
  Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 7:56 AM
  Subject: [Elecraft] K3: The ARRL RTTY Round UP

        Ladies and Gents....

        I just about cleared a thousand Qs this weekend in the RU in only 17
hours of on-the-air time.  The K3 was spectacular in performance.  The RX is
magnificent and copied signals that I could not hear out of the speaker but
printed on the screen.  This happened many times.  From Kansas, I did get to
work some deep Europeans and even Israel called me.  I did not hear any Russian
stations at all.  The DX was weak but workable.  Magnificent RX.  The TX was
healthing and robust.  I was running my amp so I was only running about 60
watts or less.  The TX stayed cool and stable.

        The only issue I noticed was that between Dual PB on and off...the
power would drop about 200 watts.  No big deal, but interesting phenomonon.
With the Dual PB on...the power would drop...with it off...the power would
return to normal.  Wayne and Eric already know about this issue.

        Thanks to all who worked me.  Fun contest.

        Lee - K0WA

        In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply. If
you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it. If you
can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common
Sense. Is Common Sense divine?