hi Don, Merv,

thank you for testing with your HC-5 element!
yes I am using the latest Beta firmware. I use comp 20 and mic gain 20.
when I push mic gain up to 60, I get a little more ALC reading, but never
over 7 bars, but not more output. VCE gain is set to 2.0, I have the feeling
that my voice sounds more natural when I don't drive MIC GAIN over 25.
(in monitor). My LP100 wattmeter shows peaks with 100 W out with this
setting. (same as CW) From this point of view all seems o.k. Do you have
any official statement from Elecraft regarding the ALC reading?

73! de Werner
OE9FWV

--
Pour réfléchir:
    Quand les riches se font la guerre, ce sont les pauvres qui meurent.

PGP-Key: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/furlan.asc>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 820 555 85 2621
Mobile      +43 664 6340014