There are also two DIGI OUT lines that are currently, I think,
uncommitted.

73, doug

   Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:55:23 +0000
   From: Lance Collister <w...@q.com>

   Hi Dave,

   You raise an interesting question....maybe that is the elegant solution to
   integrating the K3 into old kluge-like VHF stations with lots of coaxial
relays,
   homebrew amplifiers, etc.

   PTT output jack on the rear of the K3 could optionally be configured as a
   sequencer itself, so it would close an adjustable amount of time (up to a
second)
   BEFORE any RF would be permitted to be generated after the rig is put into
XMIT by
   either the microphone/footswicth or the serial port PTT lines.

   Certainly, this option would not be selected by those who want to work QSK!
But
   they would simply not choose the option.  If this option were stored by
band, you
   could have a built-in sequencer only on certain bands, and QSK on other
bands!
   With such an option, you would never have to worry about blowing anything
up,
   regardless of how the K3 incoming PTT line itself was keyed ;-)

   What do you think, Elecraft?  VY 73, Lance

   David Wilburn wrote:
   > How much delay do you need?  I use the 50 mS delay from the key out
   > jack, to drive the amp.
   >
   > Dave Wilburn
   > NM4M
   >
   > eric norris wrote:
   >> Dear Elecrafters:
   >>
   >> I am selling my TS-2000 and building a K3/XV-144 for EME on 2m as well as
normal modes and digital on HF

   >> My question is, has anyone figured out how to eliminate using a
rigblaster when using a K3 with a sequencer (LNA Technologies)?

   >> The K3 isolates the
   >> audio signals, but I don't see how I can pick off the PTT without
   >> making it cumbersome to use on HF digital modes (sequencer not used).
   >> Right now I use the LNA Technologies mic cable to pick off the PTT
   >> coming from the rigblaster, send it to the sequencer, then it comes
   >> back to the rig from the sequencer (with the preamp and amp PTT
   >> controlled by the sequencer also).
   >>
   >> This requires using a serial switch--sending the computer signals either
to the K3 (or TS-2000) directly for all other digital modes, but sending it to
the rigblaster when using 2m for EME.

   >> I would really like to find a solution where I don't have to constantly
swap cables, or cut into the XV-144's PTT line to send it to the sequencer
since this means I would then always have to use the sequencer for 2m.