Wayne,

wayne burdick schrieb am 31 Jan 2009 um 9:33:

> This is about an 8 dB drop. The first 3 dB can be attributed to the
> fact that main and sub are now sharing the main antenna path (the
> splitter gets turned on). The other 5 dB must be due to some
> combination of the other factors I listed:
>
> > 1. band-pass filter alignment and losses
> > 2. 1st mixer loss
> > 3. crystal filter loss
> > 4. crystal filter ripple
> > 5. physical alignment of the SUB AF control (when used as main/sub
> > BALANCE)
>
> Are the crystal filters in the two receivers matched? If not, you could be
> using a filter with a lot of loss in the sub vs. the main at a particular
> bandwidth.

no - they are not. I have -0.89 and -0.81 -> both set to -0.85.

I'll discuss this with Gary like you said.

tnx,

73! de Werner OE9FWV

73! de Werner OE9FWV

--
I can't walk on water, but I can stagger on alcohol.

Email powered by Pegasus Mail free at <http://www.pmail.com>
Homepage: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 5522 75013 15