ever since I out a G3LLL RF clipper in my first transceiver,,, and
saw the difference...
I was convinced how effective RF clipping can be. G3LLL was careful
to indicate that you should roll off the bottom end... so as to not
totally overburden your powersupply with the extended "duty cycle"
using such a device on ssb. I have played with and still have
Datong, Daiwa, MFJ and TenTec's earlier rf clippers.....  When set
properly you will NOT get complaints of turn off that processor...
just compliments. Most recently using a slightly modified TenTec
version.  With the latest iterations from Lyle on the K3...making it
'crunch' better, I will be soon be looking for new home for the pile.

google on "RF processing ssb"........
something to understand and appreciate on the K3 or other radios.

and I HATE bad audio...  nasty clipping effects, distracting distortions...etc

bill