hi Wayne,

wayne burdick schrieb am 10 Feb 2009 um 15:00:

> * SSB/DATA-A/AFSK-A TRANSMIT POWER LEVEL: Power output in these
> modes now more closely tracks TUNE power.  We recommend setting
> CONFIG:TXG VCE to 0.0 dB after loading this release, then adjusting only if
> necessary.
>
> * DATA MODE ALC METERING: ALC metering for DATA-A and AFSK-A
> modes has been adjusted to make the transmit audio level easier to
> adjust.
> As before, the recommended audio level for transmission is 4 to 5 bars. 3
> bars will appear as soon the minimum required level for good S/N ratio has
> been reached.

I tested the new firmware with my K3 + Ptc-2 TRX modem built inside the
K3 and I think you have made a good improvement with the latest firmware
2.82.
The output measured on my LP-100 meter is in a 5% range close to the
power setting of the K3. I had to set the LINE IN GAIN higher than before, it
is now at 20, before it was at 12. My output settings in the TRX-PTC
modem are set to 1000mV for PSKA and 800 mV for FSKA. TXG VCE is
set to 0.0dB This combination gives me the recommanded 4 bars of ALC.
Throughput is good as far I can tell - I'll have to check this in the evening
with better conditions to the RMS oe3xec which I can connect on 80m in
distance of 280 nautical miles.

thank you very much, that's what I like with you and the K3. It's getting
better every time ;-)

73! de Werner OE9FWV

--
"Was ist ein Zyniker? Ein Mann, der von allem den Preis und von nichts
den Wert kennt."

Email powered by Pegasus Mail free at <http://www.pmail.com>
Homepage: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/>
Fone +43 5522 75013