Yes Bill it works fine. You need to run two instances of HRD, which
isn't a problem. What is more, you can link the radios together so one
controls the other, or vice versa. You do this by the Synch button in
HRD once you have both radios controlled by HRD. If you also have the
KXV3 transverter interface in your K3, you can hook up a 2nd receiver
via an external ferrite splitter (feed receive RF out of the K3 to the
splitter, one output goes to the RX input of the K3, the other output
goes to your 2nd receiver). There is a diagram of such a splitter on my
K3 page at: http://www.astromag.co.uk/k3/

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80 f/w 2.38