Guy, K2AV wrote:

> Taking the DATA A readings below at face value, the more than 2 db bump
> around 1000 Hz is rather startling. I'm not sure what could cause that,
> but
> at least to me that seems to be screaming for an explanation.  There's an
> old fireman's adage "never go past fire" to keep from being trapped by
> fire
> closing around behind.
>
> Is there any point at discussing any more subtle issues until we know why
> there's a 2 db bump in the middle of an expected flat DATA A bandpass?
> Everything from test equipment to meters would be in play until ruled out.

I'm glad you asked that because I've been thinking about the same question.
I have the 5-pole 2.7KHz filter and I observed the same peaks at 1000Hz and
2400Hz as Joe, who made those measurements. I guess he has the 5-pole filter
too. It would be extremely interesting if someone with an 8-pole filter
could run the same test and post the results to see whether there is less
variation across the passband.

I would not be overjoyed to have to splash $125 to solve the problem, but it
might be better than the alternatives.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.g4ilo.com/blog.html G4ILO's