Merv,

As the ads for a popular brand sauce mix say "its already in there".
Check your CONFIG menu setting for SPLIT SV.  When set to NO, the split
is lost when changing bands, but if set to YES, the settings for SPLIT,
RIT, and XIT are saved on a per-band basis.
Per-band means that the settings are retained for any one band - it does
not mean that the state is "sticky".  Set split ON for one band, and go
to another band and see that split is off - when you return to the first
band, it will still have split active if you have SPLIT SV set to ON.

73,
Don W3FPR