Hello Bill.

I just installed the same version you downloaded. After the program started
I entered by call, and set up the comm port details for the K3. Then I
connected to the radio. I selected CW mode, and opened the default macro
file. I put a call in the log field and then clicked "Call Stn" and the
message was sent as expected.

I have never seen that error message. I can only think that it depends on
the call you entered. There is a function that looks up the call in a data
table to find the country, continent etc, and thencompares it with previous
log entries so it can display information like country, beam heading and
whether you need to work it. It does this the first time you enter a new
call in the call field and then tab away from it or click a button. I think
this must be where the error is occurring, but I need to know how to
reproduce it in order to find exactly where the fault is.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.g4ilo.com/blog.html G4ILO's
Blog    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3