This week conditions were quite good, although some stations struggled a
little to hear each other. The net ran from 1000 to 1113 hours on 3627 KHz.

Discussions included the newer firmware released to field testers late
last week (2.97 and 2.98), which I found much improved over 2.82 but
still prone to very narrow "spikes" at roughly 50 Watts when set to 25
Watts output on SSB. Fingers crossed a fully sorted version will appear
soon.

Several stations reported that switching the AGC off sometimes gives
better receive on weak SSB signals when there is a high background
noise, the results seemed to vary depending on the nature of the noise
and may have also varied depending on the bandwidth setting.

There was little else of note, I guess the K3 must be settling down!

Stations this week were:

G4DQP, Vince
G0VGS, Ian
GM3SEK, Ian
G4ARI, Tim
GM0ELP, Doug
G0MJW, Mike
G4DMP, David
M3WCK, Colin
M1PAF, Paul

73 until next week
Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80, f/w 2.38, Acom 1000 linear, dipole antenna.