Jim - W6VAR wrote:

> I have K3 #1644 with all hardware mods except the negative ALC and
> firmware 2.82.
>
> We have a local 6 meter repeater that I can hit from my house with my
> handheld on a J-Pole or via my car with an IC-7000. The repeater frequency
> is 52.900 with a -500 offset for transmit on 52.400 and the CTSS tone is
> 114.8. For some reason, my K3 will not trip the repeater, but will trip
> other repeaters in the area when set to their attributes.
>
> I've monitored my output signal on my Yaeseu VX7 and verified that I am
> indeed transmitting on the correct frequency and I have engaged and
> disengage tone squelch on the VX7 to see if the correct CTSS tone is being
> transmitted. This appears correct.
>
> I spoke with another indivdual on our 2M repeater and he is experiencing
> the same thing with a commercial radio converted to 6M.
>
> Are there any thoughts as to what the attribute of the K3 or the repeater
> is that is not allowing the K3 to function properly on this repeater?

If someone is experiencing the same problem with another radio then it would
suggest that the problem lies with that repeater.

A few weeks ago someone posted about a problem accessing a 2m repeater and
suggested that the level of the CTSS tone might not be high enough. The
level is not adjustable on the K3, but it is not adjustable on other radios
that I know of either. That might be something to look at.

Have you tried increasing or decreasing the FM deviation. That is adjustable
from the CONFIG menu.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.g4ilo.com/blog.html G4ILO's