Chen's explanation is quite accurate. I think I did try the MK2 sound card
and it works, but not ideal for this application. Besides, unless you ONLY
use LP-PAN, you will need another sound card for PSK, voice keyers, etc. You
can use multiple sound cards... I have 6 on my system currently, including
the MK2. The sound card for LP-PAN should be dedicated to LP-PAN for best
results. The recommended sound cards for LP-PAN can be purchased for as
little as $70 new, and less on eBay. The most often used one is the E-MU
0202, which costs $100 and is widely available online. It's USB, easy to
install, but a little resource hungry, so it's best if you have a dual core
system. The best card in terms of dynamic range is the E-MU 1212m PCI card
at about $140, but it takes two slots. There are others.

73,
Larry N8LP