From: Don Wilhelm-4 (via Nabble)
[mailto:ml-user+39068-851166...@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 11:34 AM
To: W4HDM
Subject: Re: K2 KPA100MDKT

Damon,

The resistor *may* be OK, often the ceramic coating gets chipped and the
resistor is still intact.
OTOH, you can certainly replace it with the one you removed.

As a suggestion - since you are working on the KPA100, why not get the
KPA100UPKT and install all the current changes.  Actually I don't know
why the KPA100MDKT is still offered since most of the components in that
kit are also supplied with the KPA100UPKT.

73,
Don W3FPR

W4HDM wrote:

> While doing the KPA100MDK to my K2 I noticed R13 on the KPA100 board has a

> chip in it like the one in the picture (instruction sheet) for R22. R22 on

> mine looked to be ok and was removed and replaced per the instructions.
>
> My question: Can/should I use the removed R22 to replace the chiped
resistor
> at R13? They have the same values. Or is the chip harmless as is?
>
> Thanks,
> Damon-W4HDM
> s/n 0473

  _____