I really, really tried not to respond to this thread.  It was definitely a
troll, but after reading through these messages the hook finally set.

I just don't understand the need within the Ham community to create these
arbitrary bifurcations.  Why QRP vs. QRO?  Why SSB vs CW, or straight key
vs. paddle vs. keyboard?  Why contesters vs. rag chewers?

Our hobby is so broad that there is room for all of these differnt
viewpoints and different operating styles.  Further, there is no regulation,
no law, no tradition that states you have to participate in any of these
activities.  If something "disgusts" you (a genuine grumpy old man remark),
then just avoid it.  There is plenty of bandwith out there -- just spin the
dial.

John, WA6L