Stephen,

Add a capacitor to your antenna lead and use it to inject signals into
the K2 (AKA Cheap and Dirty Signal Tracing) first at W1, then at pin 3
or 5 of J13 (on the K60XV board), then at the cathode end of D6.  The
first place you hear signals more or less of the proper strength will
identify the area of difficulty.

If you hear signals at W1, the problem is in the Low Pass Filter
If you first hear signals at the D6 cathode, but they are very weak at
pin 3 or 5 of the K60XV board, than the problem is either in the
bandpass filter or on the K60XV board.  In this latter case, there is
one more step - remove the K60XV and put the leads of a 4.7 pF (up to 10
pF is OK for this test) into the outer holes of J15 and see if you hear
normal 40 meter signals - if so, the bandpass filter is OK and the
problem lies on the K60XV board (or it was not plugged in right).

73,
Don W3FPR