I downloaded the latest beta with the squelch and tried to set it up, but I
wonder if
there is something about it that I don't understand, or need to adjust
differently.
I was hoping I could basically set the squelch with the RF/SQL knob on the
front
panel...crank it all the way clockwise for full on with no squelch (for trying
detect weak signals in the noise) and then back it off as desired to set the
squelch
threshold for the strength of the signals required to break the squelch.

However, in my setup it seems to function just the opposite!  The squelch is
always
on when the RF/SQL control is fully clockwise, and when I back off on it, it
OPENS
the squelch as some signal level greater than the no-signal noise level.  How
do you
adjust it to listen with the RF gain fully open so you can hear the noise level?

Right now, the only solution I have been able to find is to disable the squelch
entirely in the CONFIG.  MNI TNX for any guidance!  VY 73, Lance
--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73