I have two "Hear-it" speakers from England's BHI company hooked thru
my microham controller's headphone output....which is connected to
the 7800 & the K3.

With a low- mid aggressive setting they don't sound anything.... but
quieter. (what a concept)...  leave them in line most all the time.

No gurgling, whooshing... or D-Star audio emulations.
(Much better than the NCT licensed stuff Clearspeech/Heil now West
Mountain Radio).

Granted if I was using a GrandioseSweetness18" 3 way, I might have a
different outcome. Then again I could pipe it thru my UREI
"time-aligned" monitors.

40 years in the audio business.....tells me the BHI algorithm is a
winner.... whatever they are doing ...I wish Lyle would do   ( if the
DSP can handle it  ....)
And I do know the existing design does it the other way .....

Seems we revisit this one about every 118 days......

bill