Jim,

If you had the expected output at U12 pin 8, but less than expected at
U11 pin 1, then there is a problem between those two points.  Look at
the schematic in conjunction with these troubleshooting steps to find
what lies between the two points - in this case, look in the lower right
quadrant of RF Board schematic sheet 2.

Since the signal is going through a crystal filter, move the frequency a
little bit to see if the level increases.

Concentrate on the 2nd IF filter before proceeding to the Product Detector.

73,
Don W3FPR